- Non-critical built-ins move out to modules
- All variables can be used as objects
- All variables actually are objects internally (vtables)
- Strange global variables become object attributes or lexicals
- Filehandles become objects, use OO notation
- Parsing rules simplified for indirect objects
- Parsing rules simplified for subscripting, slicing, etc.
- Confusing homonyms disentangled (do, eval, etc.)
- Typeglobs go away
- XS goes away; interfaces written in low-level Perl
- Object attribute declaration standardized
- Object attribute access standardized via accessors
- Real garbage collection
- Unified OO exception handling
- Easier expression interpolation
- Possible precedence simplification?